Tips For A Professional Website
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Designer Profiles and Portfolios and other Creative Staffing topics.
What are some tips for creating a professional Website?
Whether you were raised on New York graphic design concepts or have always gone off in your own direction, showcasing your portfolio is something that requires some serious attention. If you are planning on doing yours on the Web, there are some things you should think about ahead of time.
If you already have extensive Web experience, you will already know most of these tips, but if you specialize in print, or aren't very Web savvy, you'll want to take the following into consideration:
- Make sure your name and contact information are easily visible and are written in a clear font.
- Don't make the site overly complicated. You'll want it to be simple to navigate and attractive to the eye.
- While it's fine to use some of your own style, try not to be too bold with your design.
- A short bio is nice to include, but keep it relevant.
- When selecting your images, make sure you have them at a size that won't load too slowly. At the same time, make sure that the quality is good enough to showcase your abilities. It may take a little bit of experimenting to get the mix just right.
- A resume page is a great addition.
- Don't put too much on the site. Choose your best work and try to narrow it down to somewhere around 10 to 14 pieces. You can always change them out periodically if you just can't decide.
These simple tips will help you create a Website that is clean, informative and attractive. You can also talk with your Web designer and see if they have any additional suggestions.