Ergonomics: Workstation Setup
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Inside the Design Studio and other Creative Staffing topics.
What are some ergonomic issues to consder in terms of workstation setup?
What the setup is like inside a Web design studio or graphic design company can make a big difference when it comes to your body and how it feels. If you haven't yet overhauled your workstation to make sure you are set up well ergonomically; now is the time. Here are some tips on how to make the most of things while being kind to your limbs:
- Use a headset if you are on the phone a good deal.
- Make sure that frequently used items are easy to access and use.
- Use your mouse at the same level as your keyboard.
- Try to keep your wrists in a neutral position, not bent.
- Change positions often and rest your eyes frequently.
One very important thing to remember is that if you are feeling pain anywhere, you may be developing a repetitive stress injury (RPI) from overuse or improper use. If you find something is bothering you, take a look at the tasks you're doing and setup you have for that part of your body to see if you can make any healthy changes or adjustments.