The Job Search: Interviewing Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about How to Get a Job and other Creative Staffing topics.
What are some good interviewing tips?
Ah--the interview! This part of a job search is one of the most difficult, and one of the most important. Presenting yourself well in person can mean that you will be hired the job, so it is of the utmost importance--whether you are interviewing for a freelance web editor spot or an in-house position as a graphic designer. Here are some top tips for putting your best foot forward:
- Respond to questions by framing them in positive terms whenever possible.
- Talk about yourself, but keep it related to the position you are applying for.
- If you are asked a tough question, don't be afraid to think about it for a moment before you answer.
- Be confident in your answers and delivery.
- Look the interviewer in the eye when speaking to them.
- Don't be afraid to smile.
- Make sure to bring an extra copy of your resume with you.
These days there are many good resources out there that can help you prepare for an interview. There are books on the subject, information on-line and even experts that you can consult. If you are especially apprehensive about the interview, it can help to learn a bit more about the process and get some tips ahead of time so that you feel more prepared.